4th edition of the Salon des Solidarités, 1-3 June in Paris
Since 2007, the Salon des Solidarités has been an essential event giving international aid organisations, professionals and the general public a chance to meet. Following the success of previous editions, the Salon is back in 2012 on 1-3 June at Porte de Versailles, Paris.
For the 4th consecutive year, Groupe URD is a member of the event’s steering committee and as such has contributed to the preparation of the Salon with fifteen other French humanitarian and development associations.
Groupe URD will also be running a space dedicated to “the emergence of open source humanitarianism” and a conference on the subject. Through information technology, innovative forms of collaboration and new services have been developed in recent years between populations, aid organisations and communities of IT volunteers. This conference (Friday 3pm-4.30pm, salle Ile-de-France) will be an opportunity to discuss the use of such innovations and greater collaboration between “traditional actors” from the humanitarian sector and emerging actors. To explore these issues in further depth, a dedicated space will allow the public to meet these new actors during the Salon and to try out new tools, such as Sigmah, the free software that Groupe URD has developed in partnership with a dozen French NGOs (see http://www.sigmah.org/).
We will also be running a conference on solutions for access to water, "A review of innovations in the area of access to sanitation and water" in partnership with Asah (Friday 4pm-5.30pm, innovations space) in connection with our participation in the commission of the Innovation Garden innovation pole. This is a new area of the Salon which aims to promote sustainable solutions for aid organizations in WASH, Energy, Eco-construction, Agriculture and Food.
2012 Salon Des Solidarités main features…
- 3 days to find out about humanitarian aid and development issues and meet with European sector participants,
- 250 French and European exhibitors (NGOs and companies), active in the humanitatian sector,
- 20,000 visitors expected;
- A rich and varied programme of events and conferences.
New this year:
- A brand new innovation area covering all the most recent technological developments in the international aid sector.
- Yurt meetings on key aid-related topics, such as innovation, commitment, human rights and peace.
- A map showing all the different aid structures in France by region and by subject
- One morning will be reserved for professionals with conferences led by specialist speakers from the aid sector.
- A breakfast spot - Contact’Thé – which will be reserved for exhibitors to allow them to meet, discuss and establish partnerships
- An innovation awards ceremony
Reduced-price ticket offer As a partner of the event, we are able to give you access to a reduced-price ticket offer. Click on the following link to create your promotional ticket: http://www.salondessolidarites.org/parrainage/3620e4