A new training course for humanitarian professionals
Groupe URD has developed modules for a new training course "Designing Strategies and Projects for Humanitarian Action", which is being coordinated by CERAH (Centre d’enseignement et de recherche en action humanitaire de Genève), along with Médecins sans Frontières and the NGO Management School Switzerland. The course lasts eight months from 17 August and includes both distance and face-to-face learning, with two weeks in Kampala in Uganda, approximately halfway through the course. It is aimed at professionals who already have experience in the sector.
The course focuses on the development of operational strategies for humanitarian action in different contexts and for different types of programmes, and on programme and project design. Groupe URD will be responsible for the modules on:
- Participation of crisis-affected populations in humanitarian action
- Linking relief, rehabilitation and development
- Adopting a quality approach for international aid projects
- Operational strategies in post-crisis urban contexts
- Integrating environmental issues into humanitarian action