CAP Qualité project
July 2008 - December 2009
The objective of the CAP Qualité project is to improve international aid practices by promoting quality management among humanitarian actors (individuals, teams and organisations). It covers two complementary areas: training (modules and courses) and support services (technical and information-based).
The CAP Qualité project (July 2008 to December 2009) was run in partnership with IECAH, with support from the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs and the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation.
In order to reach as many actors as possible, all the project documents are available in Spanish, French and English.
In order to respond more effectively to the specific needs of different actors, the scope of modules available was improved. The project included an assessment of training needs, the development of a series of training modules and courses run in Europe and in the field.
- 3 training modules in 3 languages:
- Introductory self-training module on the principles of quality: the Quality Mission;
- Advanced module on quality management;
- Training of trainers module on quality management.
- International dissemination of these modules:
- The Quality Mission module downloaded by 1400 people all over the world;
- 3 advanced courses on Quality Management given in France, Lebanon and Colombia;
- 2 training of trainers courses in Spain and in France.
Information was provided to aid actors interested in the subject of quality and technical support was provided to people already using COMPAS tools. The Aiming for Quality newsletter was produced in three languages (French, English and Spanish) and an online technical support service was provided to Dynamic COMPAS users. The project also included a feasibility study of possible solutions for electronic exchange between humanitarian actors and donors.