The sharing of experiences is a cornerstone of sector-wide learning. We therefore regularly organise and take part in conferences.
Groupe URD’s annual Autumn School on Humanitarian Aid provides an opportunity for humanitarian and development actors to discuss issues and share experiences. Since 2003, representatives from NGOs, UN agencies, donors, governmental bodies, etc. have gathered at our headquarters to debate fundamental and topical issues affecting the aid sector.
Groupe URD also organise some events in the field, like the conference "Food crisis in the Sahelian strip", the 21 March 2012 in N’Djamena and a feedback and discussion workshop in Dakar about resilience, with a special focus on the Sahel region (26-27 February 2013).
Every year, we also co-organise conferences on different subjects, such as “Civilian health in armed conflict situations” with the Henry Dunant Association, “Water and sanitation in post-crisis contexts” with the French Development Agency and “The Dynamics of Afghan Society” with the French NGOs in Afghanistan collective.
For the fourth year running, Groupe URD will be involved in organising the Salon des Solidarités Internationales as part of its consultative committee. The next edition is due to take place on 4-6 June 2010 at the Parc des Expositions in Versailles.
For five years, we organised a conference in May with the “Gestion de l’Humanitaire” Masters at Paris XII University.
- 2007: Etats, ONG, Solidarités: jeux de pouvoir et jeux d’argent.
- 2006: La planète dans tous ses états: du phénomène naturel à la catastrophe humanitaire.
- 2005: L’eau qui tue, l’eau qui sauve: premiers bilans de l’aide post-Tsunami.
- 2004: Haïti: autopsie d’une gestion de crise.
- 2003: 10 ans d’humanitaire européen: bilan, enjeux et perspectives.
We also take part in many conferences in France and abroad in connection with our areas of work (IHL, Urbanism, Water and sanitation, the Environment, Health, etc.).
- Resilience - buzzword or useful concept?, 2012
- Cities and crises: urban fragility, humanitarian action and the challenges of reconstruction in cities, 2011
- Mainstreaming the environment in humanitarian action - rising to the challenge , 2009
- The European Consensus on Humanitarian Aid: putting fine principles into practice, 2008
- Security and protection: mission impossible?, 2007
- Humanitarian space in danger, 2006
- Accreditation: a threat or an opportunity for humanitarian agencies?, 2005
- Linking relief and development – what’s new?, 2004
- Humanitarian aid after 9/11, 2003