Course "Quality management in humanitarian action"
- Understanding the different aspects of Quality in humanitarian action (history of Quality, overview of actors and issues involved);
- Understanding the key concepts related to Quality and the principles of Quality assurance;
- A good command of the Quality COMPAS method;
- Understanding how to adopt a Quality assurance method.
- Introduction to the course;
- Quality: why it is necessary and how it came to be adopted in humanitarian action;
- Quality methods and concepts;
- Drawing up a reference framework;
- The Compass Rose: the quality reference framework of the COMPAS method;
- Introduction to the Quality COMPAS method;
- Introduction to the case study and the preliminary phase;
- Conducting an initial assessment using the Quality COMPAS method;
- Designing a project using the Quality COMPAS method;
- The COMPAS Board;
- Introduction to Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Critical Event Monitoring;
- Monitoring needs during the implementation of the project;
- Evaluating a humanitarian project using the Quality COMPAS method;
- Presentation of the Quality COMPAS associated services;
- The different uses of the Quality COMPAS method;
- Course evaluation and conclusion.
- Fluent in French (spoken and written).
NB: This course is also available in English and Spanish. Do not hesitate to contact us about these options.
Professionals from the aid sector currently in charge of projects and/or carrying out evaluations (e.g. Heads of Programmes, Heads of Projects, Heads of Evaluation, Quality Managers, etc.).
- See Groupe URD’s activities related to Quality.
- See the Quality COMPAS website