Events in "Humanitarian Aid on the Move" n°1
On 19th Nov. 2008, the results of the 2008 Humanitarian Response Index (HRI) were presented at a conference in the United States. The HRI is an independent civil society initiative by DaRa, a Madrid-based institute, which assesses and ranks wealthy countries’ commitment to improving the quality and effectiveness of their humanitarian assistance. The data gathered as part of the HRI research process is analysed to see how well donors are meeting their own commitments to good practice in five key areas:
- Are donor responses based on needs?
- Do donors support local capacity and long-term recovery?
- How well do donors support and work with humanitarian partners?
- Do donors respect international standards and principles?
- Do donors contribute to accountability and learning in humanitarian action? Further information: http://www.hri.daraint.org/