Events in "Humanitarian Aid on the move" n°11
- Experience sharing workshop on resilience in (...), p1
- Training courses on the theme of resilience (...), p2
- SAVE THE DATE: on 30 and 31 May 2013, take (...), p3
- 2013 Agenda of professional training courses (...), p4
- ALNAP 28th Annual Meeting, 5-7 March 2013, (...), p5
- DIHAD 2013, 25-27 March 2013, Dubaï, p6
- Training course: "Introduction to Sigmah. (...), p7
- NOMAD Conference/workshop on the latest (...), p8
- Conference: Human Security: Humanitarian (...), p9
Considering the challenges posed by the resilience concept in the Sahelian region, Groupe URD is organising a workshop in Dakar to contribute to reflections with actors present in the region, as part of the RESILIENCE project. The workshop, which is entitled “Resilience: from the general concept to the specific characteristics of the Sahel” aims to encourage exchange between national institutions from countries in the region, international practitioners and donors. The challenges of resilience will be analysed on the basis of the following process: anticipation – risk, vulnerability and poverty reduction – preparedness – response – building less fragile systems.
Representatives from the Senegalese and Mauritanian governments, AGIR Sahel initiative, IASC, OCHA, FAO, United Nations in Mauritania, OXFAM GB and Groupe URD will facilitate discussion panels with 60 participants from relief and development organisations working in the Sahel region.
The workshop will take place at the Hôtel des Almadies.
Further information and registration: Johanna Blaché