Events in "Humanitarian Aid on the move" n°3
- “Mainstreaming the environment in humanitarian (...), p1
- Training of Trainers course on “Quality (...), p2
- Future training courses at Groupe URD (...), p3
- Symposium « Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) – (...), p4
- Conference “How can the mortality and morbidity, p5
- Meeting to present the work of Groupe URD and (...), p6
“Mainstreaming the environment in humanitarian action – rising to the challenge”, Groupe URD headquarters, 22-24 September 2009
The 7th Autumn School on Humanitarian Aid, organised by Groupe URD, will focus on the issues and challenges involved in mainstreaming the environment in humanitarian action.
Humanitarian action always takes place in environments that have been weakened and often stretched beyond their capacity for resilience. Environmental considerations are extremely important as it is only in an environment that is sufficiently healthy and has enough resources that survivors will be able to rebuild their lives. It is only an environment of this kind that will allow the transition from relief to reconstruction to development.
As is being done in other sectors, it is time to take the environment into account in humanitarian practice. This raises a number of questions: What forms of environmental fragility exist in operational contexts and what effects do humanitarian programmes have on these? How can the environment be taken into account in the design and implementation of programmes? What methods and technical solutions exist?
For further information, please contac uah[at]urd.org
Tel: + 33 (0)4 75 28 29 35