Events in "Humanitarian Aid on the move" n°9
These courses are aimed at Heads of Programmes, Heads of Projects, staff responsible for Evaluations or Quality and technical reference points from the international aid sector or humanitarian organisations. They will be held at Groupe URD’s training centre in Plaisians (Drôme, South of France).
1) Evaluating the Quality of Humanitarian Action, 16-20 April, Plaisians
The objective of this course is for participants to learn about key evaluation concepts and using the appropriate tools to meet their needs.
- Defining evaluation and evaluation objectives
- Reference frameworks and evaluation criteria
- Preparing an evaluation
- Selecting and using data collection tools and techniques
- Carrying out an evaluation
- Using evaluation results
2) Integrating the Environment into Humanitarian Action, 21-25 May, Plaisians
While humanitarian actors are increasingly conscious that environmental issues should be taken into account in the design and implementation of programmes, this is limited by a lack of methodological and technical competence. This session therefore aims to:
- Analyse the interaction between humanitarian crises, humanitarian programmes and the the environment;
- Present the integration of environmental considerations in different sectors (water and eco-sanitation; reducing and finding alternatives to firewood use ; logistics ; waste management, etc.) and in the project cycle;
- Study Environmental Impact Assessment methodology for a programme;
- Analyse the obstacles and the opportunities involved in taking the environment into account at the operational and institutional level.
Cross-cutting issues such as integrating the environment in urban contexts, notably in refugee and IDP camps, will also be dealt with.
Groupe URD has also developed a training kit in partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) – Integrating the Environment into Humanitarian Action and Early Recovery. The training kit has 11 modules which have been designed so that they can be adjusted to the local context and to specific training needs and the time available.
For more information: http://www.urd.org/Environment-training-toolkit
3) Quality Management in Humanitarian Action (Quality COMPAS©), 11-15 June
By the end of this course, the participants will understand the adoption process for a Quality Assurance method and will be able to apply the Quality COMPAS method to the management and evaluation of a humanitarian project.
- Understanding the different aspects of Quality in humanitarian action (history of Quality, overview of actors and issues involved);
- Learning the key concepts related to the quality of humanitarian projects;
- A good command of the Quality COMPAS method;
- Understanding the links between Quality management and team management.
For any further information about Groupe URD training courses and to register for a course, please contact Anna Lear
+33 (0)4 75 28 29 35
Training courses in project managment, team management and training of trainers for Afghan civil society organisations, March-April 2012
Since July 2010, a training project has been implemented by Groupe URD in Afghanistan, in partnership with ACBAR – the agency which coordinates NGOs in Afghanistan – with the objective of establishing the stability of this training programme in the long term. This project was preceded by a needs assessment to improve understanding of the specific needs in Afghanistan and helped to develop ‘made-to-measure’ training courses. The courses are aimed at Afghan managers working in NGOs in Afghanistan as well as all the other civil society organizations present there.
Two sessions are due to take place in Kabul:
- A training of trainers, 5 - 8 March;
- A team management course, 11 - 15 March.
In addition, project management courses will be carried out outside Kabul, in Jalalabad, in order to allow those in the region to attend.
- Module 1 "From data collection and analysis to the report writing and decision-making”, 25-29 March.
- Module 2 “Project design: building an intervention logic” 1-5 April.
For further information and registration, please contact Namatullah Wasiq: email@example.com