Introductory training on Sigmah software in Berlin, Berlin, 19th May
During this introductory training on Sigmah - open source software for the shared management of international aid projects - participants will have a chance to get some hands-on experience of using the software. They will find out about what the software can do and how its adoption at the institutional level can help to implement a Quality approach. They will also learn about the collective process that has been implemented to develop the software how they can take part in this.
Who should attend?
This training is aimed at aid workers who are involved in project management and management staff involved in organisational capacity building (e.g. Programme Managers, Desks, Directors of Operations, Quality Managers within international aid organisation, etc.)
What does the course cover?
- The Sigmah Project – background, governance and roadmap
- Sigmah features which help international aid organisations to manage operational information
- The flexibility of the software which can help to structure an organisation’s work processes
- How Sigmah can help to adopt a Quality approach
By the end of this training, participants will understand:
- what Sigmah is used for;
- how to use Sigmah’s basic features;
- Sigmah’s parameters of flexibility ;
- how to use support materials in order to continue learning how to use the software;
- the challenges and opportunities involved in establishing Sigmah’s parameters ;
- how Sigmah can help in the adoption of a Quality approach;
- the open nature of Sigmah open source software and how users can get involved. Date, timing and venue
The training will take place at VENRO, Stresemannstraße 72, Berlin (Germany) on Tuesday 19 May 2015.
The training will commence at 9.00 am. The morning session will terminate at 1 pm. The afternoon session will commence at 2.30 pm and will terminate at 5:30 pm. A 1½ hr lunch break will be organised from 1 pm to 2.30 pm.
Registration fees: €100
Groupe URD is a registered training centre, no. 82 26 01542 26.
Trainers: Groupe URD
- Have a solid working experience in project management, information management or quality management;
- Bring their own laptop computer;
- Be fluent in English (reading, writing and spoken).
To book a place on this course, please complete the attached booking form and return it signed by e mail to Anna Lear (email@example.com) by 8 May 2015. Registration fees are payable by bank transfer. Groupe URD will confirm registration on receipt of the signed application form and payment.
For further information, please contact:
Anna Lear, Training Coordinator
+33 (0)4 75 28 29 35