Studies and research
Improve understanding through operational research
Conducting operational research and field-based studies is one of Groupe URD’s key activities.
The Haiti Observatory will carry out research projects on emerging or key issues with regard to sector-based or cross-sector themes. The overall objective is to enlarge our contextual knowledge and inform actors on how to improve and adapt programmes appropriately.
Research projects will be carried out by a mixed national and international research team with, where relevant, support from a team of national and international consultants.
Research findings will be widely disseminated via our Newsletter and will be posted on our website. Results will also be raised during specific feedback workshops and during conferences. Hard copies will be available at our Resource Centre in Port-au-Prince.
Recent research projects conducted by Groupe URD in Haiti
- The reconstruction of housing in Haiti: technical issues, habitability and heritage, The case of post-earthquake reconstruction in rural and peri-urban environments in Haiti
- Study on new trades in post-earthquake context in the metropolitan region of Port-au-Prince, May-October 2014
- Study “Security and Humanitarian Aid in Haiti”, June - September 2013
- Two studies for the British Red Cross in urban contexts, in Haïti and Nepal , July-October 2013
- Study of socio-cultural factors in WASH programmes, June - August 2013
- Reconstruction and the Environment in the Metropolitan Region of Port-au-Prince, June 2012-June 2013
- Study on the community-based approach in urban context in Haiti, August-October 2012
- Review of coordination for cash transfer programmes, for the CaLP, February – March 2012
- Tsunami and Haiti: good practice in non-state funding, January - June 2010