Focus on the Quality of Humanitarian Aid, 15-17 September 2014
Groupe URD, in partnership with ALNAP, will be hosting its annual Autumn School on Humanitarian Action, in the company of international specialists on issues of Quality and Accountability in the humanitarian sector.
Amongst the speakers at this year’s event, we are very pleased to confirm:
- Pierre Hauselmann - Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (Head of Certification),
- Kate Halff - SCHR (Executive Secretary),
- Luciano Loiacono - Handicap International (Head of Quality and Accountability),
- Charles-Antoine Hofmann - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (Executive Coordinator at the Disaster Response Dialogue),
- Paul Knox-Clarke - ALNAP (Head of Research and Communications)
- and Groupe URD Q & A team (Véronique de Geoffroy, Hugues Maury, Julien Carlier & François Grünewald).
This will be an important opportunity to discuss the results of the Certification Project, the progress made on the Core Humanitarian Standard, and Groupe URD’s work in this area. With the increased international focus on Quality and Accountability issues, the Autumn School will be a decisive step when we will be able to review the debate so far, explore the issues in greater detail and think ahead together.
What are the true drivers of these initiatives? How will they come into effect? What can we learn from the Certification Review Project? What will be the future of evaluations in this new system? Is there a “third way”, an alternative to certification?, etc.
Participation will be by personal invitation, bringing together a limited group of international experts on the subject. A summary of the discussions will be widely disseminated and issue 15 of our review, Humanitarian Aid on the Move, which is due to come out in February 2015, will be a special issue on Quality.
Contact : Aloys Robin