INVESTING IN THE FUTURE
Groupe URD runs professional training courses in France and abroad, at our headquarters and in the field. These are aimed at NGOs, UN agencies, institutional bodies, etc. (view past training courses).
View our Training Calendar 2017 for more details about our open training courses which are organised on a regular basis at our headquarters, in Paris, in Europe and in the field.
We also offer ad hoc training courses adapted to your organisation’s specific needs. We also provide a training-workshop-coaching offer for your specific capacity building needs.
TRAINING PROJECTS IN THE FIELD OR WITH OUR PARTNERS:
- Training course for Sudanese NGOs on gender issues, advocacy and project management, in partnership with the French Embassy in Sudan, March 2016;
- Developing modules for a new training course, Designing Strategies and Projects for Humanitarian Action, which is being coordinated by CERAH (Centre for Education and Research in Humanitarian Action), from 2014;
- Training programme for Syrian civil society organisations (summer 2015)
- Training courses in Haïti implemented by Groupe URD’s Haïti Observatory team, 2012-2015;
- Involvement in EUROSHA project ("EU, Local and Online Volunteers: Key actors for inclusive humanitarian information-sharing in crisis preparedness"), coordinated by France Volontaires, 2012;
- Production of the Trainer’s Guide “Integrating the Environment into Humanitarian Action and Early Recovery”, in partnership with UNEP, January-June 2010;
- Training of Afghan managers working for international NGOs in Afghanistan, December 2009-March 2013.
Our trainers are also involved in a number of university courses in France, notably via e-learning.
In addition, we develop training and awareness-raising materials such as trainers’ guides, interactive games and guides.
Groupe URD is a registered training centre with the Rhône-Alpes prefecture. Employees working for organisations that are members of a French training scheme (OPCA) may apply to attend a course and their fees may be covered by the scheme.
Groupe URD training courses:
|PROJECT METHODOLOGY||CROSS-CUTTING THEMES||HUMANITARIAN SECTORS|
|Evaluating the Quality of Humanitarian Action||Mainstreaming the Environment in Humanitarian Action||Water and Ecological Sanitation in Crisis Contexts|
|Quality Management in Humanitarian Action||Disaster Risk Reduction||Nutrition in Crisis Contexts|
|Training of Trainers "Quality Management in Humanitarian Action"||Linking Relief Rehabilitation & Development||Food Security in Crisis Contexts|
|The Participation of Crisis-affected People in Humanitarian Action||Integrating Protection into Humanitarian Programmes|
|Project Cycle Management|