As part of certain projects - for example, to illustrate specific aspects of an evaluation or a research project via witness accounts from the field – or in connection with certain events, we produce videos to compliment our publications
- Evaluation of the LRRD – REPI 2010 programme
the evaluation process aims to gather lessons learned during aid projects funded as part of the recovery programme following the floods of July 2010 in the Centre Nord and Est regions of Burkina Faso.
- The RESILIENCE project, March 2010 - March 2013
The Resilience project (Risk Education and Social Interactive Learning through Integrating Experiences, Networking and Coordination in Europe) aims to analyse the resilience of communities to environmental and climatic crises. This research project is being carried out in three contexts: Bolivia, Ethiopia and Indonesia. A video has been made in each country.
- Haiti, urban issues
This video was produced as part of a broad analysis of the situation in Haiti in June 2011
- Evaluation of DG ECHO’s response to the post-earthquake crisis in Haiti, May 2011,
This evaluation analysed the quality of programmes in Haiti funded by DG ECHO in order to learn lessons for future strategic planning. Five videos were made which include both cross-sector analysis of the situation and a focus on certain sectors (Disaster prevention and Health).
- Evaluation of emergency programmes funded by the Fondation de France following the Haiti earthquake of 12 January 2010, July 2010, in French
In July 2010, Groupe URD carried out an evaluation of the emergency relief programmes implemented by French NGOs following the earthquake of 12 January 2010 and funded by the Fondation de France. The video outlines the results of this cross-sector evaluation focusing on disaster risk management, urban reconstruction and the involvement and participation of local communities.
- Real-time evaluation in Haiti, for the IASC, April 2010
This evaluation was carried out in partnership with the Global Public Policy Institute (GPPI) three months after the earthquake. Due to the scale of this disaster and the size of the response, the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) immediately launched a real-time evaluation process in order to keep decision-makers both in Haiti and in agency headquarters informed about the progress being made and to regularly learn lessons and make the relevant adjustments as a result. A video was made as part of this project.
- Why the environment matters, March 2009
This video aims to raise awareness within the sector and inform humanitarian actors of the environmental issues linked to humanitarian action.
- Presentation of Groupe URD’s annual Autumn School on Humanitarian Aid: illustrated by the 2012 edition on the issue of Resilience.
- Conference “Food crisis in the Sahelian strip: lessons from previous humanitarian responses and the challenges ahead ”, on 21 March in N’Djamena, in French.
- Extract from the Post-conflict seminar, AFD / Groupe URD, June 2007, in French