As part of certain projects - for example, to illustrate specific aspects of an evaluation or a research project via witness accounts from the field – or in connection with certain events, we produce videos to compliment our publications
- Evaluation of the monitoring systems included in humanitarian programmes funded by DFID in the Sahel, October 2013-March 2014
A real-time evaluation of DFID funded humanitarian programs has been realized in Northern Mali. A video has been produced during this work.
- Evaluation of the LRRD – REPI 2010 programme
The evaluation process aims to gather lessons learned during aid projects funded as part of the recovery programme following the floods of July 2010 in the Centre Nord and Est regions of Burkina Faso.
- The RESILIENCE project, March 2010 - March 2013
The Resilience project (Risk Education and Social Interactive Learning through Integrating Experiences, Networking and Coordination in Europe) aims to analyse the resilience of communities to environmental and climatic crises. This research project is being carried out in three contexts: Bolivia, Ethiopia and Indonesia. A video has been made in each country.
- Evaluation of projects funded by Swiss Solidarity in Haiti, 2010 – 2013
View some videos realized with the partners of Swiss Solidarity (SwS) in Haiti during the iterative evaluation process.
- Haiti, urban issues
This video was produced as part of a broad analysis of the situation in Haiti in June 2011
- Evaluation of DG ECHO’s response to the post-earthquake crisis in Haiti, May 2011,
This evaluation analysed the quality of programmes in Haiti funded by DG ECHO in order to learn lessons for future strategic planning. Five videos were made which include both cross-sector analysis of the situation and a focus on certain sectors (Disaster prevention and Health).
- Evaluation of emergency programmes funded by the Fondation de France following the Haiti earthquake of 12 January 2010, July 2010, in French
In July 2010, Groupe URD carried out an evaluation of the emergency relief programmes implemented by French NGOs following the earthquake of 12 January 2010 and funded by the Fondation de France. The video outlines the results of this cross-sector evaluation focusing on disaster risk management, urban reconstruction and the involvement and participation of local communities.
- Real-time evaluation in Haiti, for the IASC, April 2010
This evaluation was carried out in partnership with the Global Public Policy Institute (GPPI) three months after the earthquake. Due to the scale of this disaster and the size of the response, the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) immediately launched a real-time evaluation process in order to keep decision-makers both in Haiti and in agency headquarters informed about the progress being made and to regularly learn lessons and make the relevant adjustments as a result. A video was made as part of this project.
- Why the environment matters, March 2009
This video aims to raise awareness within the sector and inform humanitarian actors of the environmental issues linked to humanitarian action.
- 3rd French National Humanitarian Conference (CNH), 23th February 2016.
- Conférence nationale humanitaire 2014 : "Messages des acteurs humanitaires français pour l’ouverture de la CNH 2014" (video prepared by Groupe URD, in partnership with the main French NGOs and the French Centre de crise, for the opening of the conference, hold the 31th March 2014).
- Closing conference of the Evaluation of projects funded by Swiss Solidarity in Haiti, from 30 September to 2 October 2013 in Port-au-Prince.
- "Exchange on Practices and Lessons Learnt on the Resilience in the Horn and the Sahel” conference in Dakar, the 2-3 July 2013.
- Groupe URD’s 20th anniversary, May 2013, in French.
- "Resilience: A global concept focussing on the Sahel region", conference in Dakar, the 26-27 February 2013, in French.
- Presentation of Groupe URD’s annual Autumn School on Humanitarian Aid: illustrated by the 2012 edition on the issue of Resilience.
- "Food crisis in the Sahelian strip: lessons from previous humanitarian responses and the challenges ahead, ”, conference on 21 March in N’Djamena, in French.
- Sigmah software launch conference, 14 June 2011, Paris, in French.
- Cities and Crises", 26 April 2011, Hôtel de ville, Paris, in French.
- Extract from the Post-conflict seminar, AFD / Groupe URD, June 2007, in French.
Find out about Sigmah in 1½ minutes by watching a new animated film by Concept Image! One click for a clear and concise explanation of what Sigmah allows you to do, its special features, and the project behind the software… Feel free to use it and share it! Available in French and English…
Sigmah, raconté en 1 minute par sigmah
Presentation of Groupe URD, realized by ORAS in Groupe URD Head Office, May 2014.