Humanitarian Aid on the move
Groupe URD’s biannual review, Humanitarian Aid on the Move was launched in 2008. It allows practitioners from different cultures and with different approaches to exchange experiences and ideas.
Humanitarian Aid on the Move is produced in French, English and Spanish  both in paper format and in an online version. The online version makes it possible to reach a very broad readership, from decision-makers to those closest to the ground.
Each edition includes articles based on work carried out by Groupe URD and articles by external contributors, thus bringing together ideas and experiences from different horizons.
The review has three main sections:
- Humanitarian space – which offers analysis of issues to do with access to populations and the structure of the international aid system from legal, institutional and political points of view.
- Crises and vulnerabilities – which looks at operational contexts, different types of crises and specific vulnerabilities linked to different population groups.
- Aid and Quality – which deals with humanitarian practices and the tools and methods which have been developed to improve their quality.
The Point of view section is a comment piece on a specific subject, often in connection with something in the news.
The Bibliography section provides a series of references to explore a specific subject in detail.
And finally, the Events section gives information about Groupe URD training courses and other events as well as any sector news which we feel is important.
An editorial committee is responsible for the review’s editorial line. If you would like to propose an article for the review, please send a summary, which will then be read by the committee. There are two pre-requisites for articles:
- The subject matter should be connected to an area of crisis response (humanitarian aid, post-crisis reconstruction, prevention of crises and natural disasters, LRRD).
- The article should describe an innovative experience or should contain analysis of the sector, not in order to promote a programme or an organisation, but to share experiences and lessons learned in the field.
The opinions expressed in the review are the sole responsibility of the authors.
ISSN: 2261 - 7132.
If you would like to propose an article for the review, contact Mlle Taisson
Humanitarian Aid on the move n°17, special issue: The World Humanitarian Summit
Humanitarian Aid on the move n°15, special issue: The Quality of Aid
Humanitarian Aid on the move n°12, special issue: Environment
Humanitarian Aid on the move n°11, special issue: Resilience
Humanitarian Aid on the move n°10, special issue: Sahel
Humanitarian Aid on the move n°8, special issue: Cities and crises
Humanitarian Aid on the move n°7, special issue: Haïti
 The spanish version has been stopped since Februray 2011.