The event provided an opportunity to present the results of our work and discuss our findings. It followed on from the “Cities and crises” conference organized by the same partners in April 2013, and aimed to help the French Development Agency establish recommendations for donors.
The results of the exchange between urban development experts from Central Africa and Haiti also contributed to the discussions.
- The day was organized around the following issues:
- How to promote an effective partnership between humanitarian and development actors?
- Can the emergence of a civil society organization, between populations and institutions, promote a return to development?
- In urban areas, can the break-up of the crisis be used to advantage?
- Dialogue to project yourself