In keeping with Groupe URD’s mandate and its methodological approach based on the learning cycle, this project included research, evaluation and training activities. Experiences were shared and analysed with the aim of improving the quality of service delivered to the Afghan population.
Working in close cooperation with Afghan NGOs, French and international NGOs present in Afghanistan, Afghan ministries, United Nations agencies, donors, etc. the KAIFIAT project focused on:
- Strengthening the capacity of actors to analyse, design, implement and monitor project;
- Collective learning via the sharing of experiences, good practices and knowledge management.
Activities carried out as part of this project:
- Assessment of the horticultural sector in the provinces of Kunar and Laghman in Afghanistan for MADERA, June – July 2007;
- Study of the causes and consequences of chronic poverty among women in Afghanistan, March – December 2007;
- Study of opium poppy production in the province of Badakhshan for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), December 2007 – January 2008;
- Urban study of the city of Mazari Sharif in the Balkh province of Afghanistan, January – March 2008;
- An evaluation and training course for the Afghan NGO, Cooperation Center for Afghanistan, August 2007;
- Evaluation of WFP’s “Oil-for-Girls’-Education” programme in the provinces of Dai Kundi, Paktya and Parwan, August – November 2007;
- Evaluation of the monitoring and evaluation system used by GTZ for a development project, September 2007;
- Evaluation of the National Solidarity Program’s monitoring and evaluation system, February – March 2008;
- Training in project monitoring and evaluation for CCA and CWS, August 2007;
- Dynamic COMPAS training course in Kaboul, december 2007.